For both parents and child care professionals, the top priority is clear — safety. As a parent, first and foremost you take precautions. You make sure your children are in the safest possible environments, and that they remain as healthy as possible.
At VonKids, we have the same priorities. Our team of childcare professionals has a network of 20 licensed dayhomes throughout Calgary, but all of them share the same health and safety policies.
- We have an absolute focus on child safety, with the issue of a police certificate as the result of a background check, as well as CPR training.
- A fire escape plan is in place, as are child-proofing measures, gates, and other safety measures.
- All programs take place on the first floors of buildings, unless a walkout basement with good lighting is utilized.
- At least 30 minutes of time is spent outdoors being active, unless inclement weather occurs.
- All outdoor spaces are designed to be adequate and safe.
- All meals are home-cooked. That means no processed foods and a menu that’s wholesome and constantly rotating.
- No nuts are allowed and we follow a strict policy of allergy separation.
- Thorough unannounced inspections take place every few weeks.
- All facilities carry insurance.
- All facilities have a no-visitor policy and are in undisclosed homes with no outdoor markings.
For more information or to begin registration, contact us online or by phone today!